Today’s Chorus is brought to you by the number one Miami fan (and graduate) in national TV news, Chuck Todd. I’ll bet he’s working for the weekend.
• The death penalty has not been broached by the NCAA re: Miami.
• There is no NCAA realignment summit, according to NCAA president Mark Emmert. That’s what they want you to think.
• Boston College RB Montel Harris will miss some time (and possibly BC‘s opener) after undergoing knee surgery. This hits close to home — we feel what Spaziani feels.
• Miami coach Al Golden wanted a little heads up, that’s all.
• LSU coach Les Miles now says WR Russell Shepard could possibly sit out the Oregon game after all while his compliance issue gets sorted out. Oops.
• Florida released a statement indicating that their players mentioned in the Yahoo! Miami report are cleared to play. Whew.
• Same goes for Kansas State’s Brown brothers, they of paper and high school fame.
• ESPN’s Chris Low asks Auburn QB questions. I’d answer, but my lawyer has advised me against any such action.
• Wisconsin AD and former coach Barry Alvarez (and son) lost over a million dollars to the Ponzi scheme of former Miami booster Nevin Shapiro.
• Former Miami AD Paul Dee wanted the guillotine dropped on USC. He has some ‘splaining to do.
• I apparently went to the wrong UCLA practice.
• SB Nation’s Bill Connelly previews the “invisible” USC Trojans.
• SI.com’s George Schroeder has a Pac-12 preview.
• Central Florida has mail!
• Penn State still needs a quarterback.
• Nebraska CB Alfonzo Dennard has a bum leg. Not an actual bum’s leg, but rather just an injury. I’m positive you needed that clarification.
• TCU QB Casey Pachall (“Pa-ha” is what I’m told) has a bum shoulder. This one ACTUALLY IS a bum’s shoulder.
Today’s Video of the Day is a guy dancing with a bottle opener in front of a cheetah mural. A senior citizen makes a cameo.
Enjoy your Thursday. Support support support.
***Follow me on Twitter.***