Today’s Chorus is brought to you by Brooklyn Decker, anonymous North Carolina fan and actress(ish) in a new movie called Battleship. Based on Battleship the board game. I blame everyone but her for how horrible it’ll be.
• Butch Davis is out at North Carolina. Not totally unexpected, but the timing is such that UNC must REALLY not want anything to do with him. Interesting.
SI.com’s Andy Staples has questions. Such a sleuth.
Was it the whole cheating thing? Maybe?
ESPN’s Heather Dinich reviews possible UNC interim candidates.
• Gunner Kiel, the nation’s unanimous #1 HS QB prospect chose … Indiana. How many times do you think IU coach Kevin Wilson used the word “Bradford” during conversations? 71,000? 73,000?
• The Pac-12 Network was expected. We got Pac-12 NetworkS. In a year, you won’t be able to avoid Jeff Tedford‘s face. So, yeah.
• Oklahoma State has new uniforms. The gray lids have a fan in me.
• When Oregon WR coach Scott Frost leaves Eugene for Nebraska (or whoever gives him an OC job), they’ll be worse off.
• ESPN’s Ted Miller has Pac-12 media day notes. I learned that Washington‘s large people are dented.
• ESPN’s David Ubben does the same with the Big 12. Iowa State appears to be tapping the breaks on the whole “tough non-conference schedule” thing.
• ESPN’s Edward Aschoff profiles Vanderbilt QB Larry Smith, currently Nashville’s most sacked college QB!
• The new voice of FIU football is … former CNN anchor Rick Sanchez? Okeedoke.
• Clay Travis says air conditioning is responsible for Florida sports dominance. Not to be outdone, it’s also responsible for some of my most dominant naps.
• SB Nation’s Bill Connelly previews Missouri. Don’t tell anyone, but they’re defense has gotten, at times, scary good.
• Thought you knew the rules? Good, now forget everything — SI.com’s Andy Staples has you covered.
• SI.com’s Stewart Mandel mailbags it and suggests that Washington could be better sans Jake Locker, something I’ve been saying for at least 10-15 minutes.
• Yahoo!!!!!’s Dr. Saturday goes green and previews Michigan State. Because they wear green. Brilliant.
• They’re also seeing red as they preview Nebraska. God, I’m so on today.
• Georgia LB (and USC transfer) Jarvis Jones will miss the 2011 season with a shoulder injury.
Today’s Video of the Day is the next sports to take the world by storm — I call it kicky jumpy mini-volleyball, or KJMV. Sign up now!
Enjoy your Thursday. Thread up.
***Follow me on Twitter.***