Today’s Chorus is brought to you by Missouri State (then SW Missouri St) attendee, just-announced Community actor, and all-around good thespian John Goodman.
• Big 12 Media Day was full of Longhorn Network fun.
• Former Alabama WR Julio Jones was a man of many suits, just like we all were in college. No big deal.
• South Carolina QB coach G.A. Mangus really had to go. Like REALLY.
• CBS’s Brett McMurphy looks ahead to September 17, the ACC‘s day of reckoning. Dun dun DUN.
• The SJ Mercury News’s Jon Wilner updates the Pac-12’s search for a network partner. Let’s assume for now that The Solid Verbal is out of the running.
• The NCAA will hold a summit to talk about proprietary TV networks. Probably a good idea.
• CBS Sports has a new feature called Rapid Reports with quick breaking news for the bigger CFB programs. And Maryland. (press cmnd-D shortly)
• Missouri coach Gary Pinkel isn’t a fan of the Longhorn Network.
• Take a look at Texas DC Manny Diaz’s defense. He’s crafty.
• Texas coach Mack Brown talks about protecting QBs. He ends up saying very little.
• ESPN has choice Big 12 Media Day quotes and storylines. Also, OSU coach Mike Gundy‘s hair looks darker.
• ESPN’s Heather Dinich has a Day 2 ACC media day notebook. Punting is somehow involved.
• Boston College coach Frank Spaziani talks the ‘stache. He’s the best.
• Unofficial preseason B1G polls are out. Gobble ’em up!
• ESPNU’s Tom Luginbill has recruit summaries from something called “Gridiron Kings.”
• Is Clemson coach Dabo Swinney already running out of time? Perhaps, says Fox Sports South’s Andrew Jones.
• SB Nation’s Bill Connelly doesn’t have a preview today. But if he did, it’d be South Carolina. I’m such a prankster.
• Paralyzed Rutgers DT Eric LeGrand is awesome.
• It’s B1G Week for Yahoo!!!!!!’s Dr. Saturday. Go get yourself some learnin’.
• Michigan’s too good for non-Notre Dame non-conference road trips. Not everyone can be men.
• Former top Miami S recruit Latwan Anderson will be making his way to Cincinnati.
• Rivals previews BYU. Fact: If you read all of the previews Rivals and Dr. Saturday do, you’re somewhere between 10-15x more informed than almost everyone on TV. Do it!
Today’s Video of the Day is my favorite scene from The Big Lebowski (N-S-F-W). Sometimes, I just need it. Happy Birthday, Keeerrrttt1!
Enjoy your Tuesday. Get flossy.
***Follow me on Twitter.***