Today’s Chorus is brought to you by Bryan Cranston, LA Valley College attendee and star of Breaking Bad, which I’m about to start (and probably be insufferable about).
• ESPN’s Pat Forde asks: “Why can’t I write a column about pay-for-play?”
• CBS’s Brett McMurphy goes to Provo and profiles BYU and their independence. His hair appears to be short enough to be welcomed by the locals.
• Yahoo!!!!!!’s Dr Saturday projects CUSA, which is a lot easier to write than “Conference USA.” Consider that your introduction to “CUSA.”
• Miami coach Al Golden is getting a lot of “yes” on the recruiting trail.
• West Virginia apparently frowns on the whole armed robbery thing. Prudes.
• ESPN continues to look ahead to impact games, including ones in early December. I imagine these previews will hold up perfectly.
• “Michigan AD Dave Brandon Talks Branding.” OF COURSE HE DOES IT’S IN HIS NAME.
• ESPN previews Pac-12 DEs. It all comes down to the good, the bad, and the Arizona.
• Silas Redd is a running back for Penn State. That’s what I learned.
• The Big East has special teams. That have special teams.
• Who’re the best corners in the B1G? I don’t know, but if you take away that apostrophe in the first word of the question, it becomes funnier and less sensical.
• SB Nation’s Bill Connelly previews a Shaky-less Utah. Just isn’t the same anymore.
• Ohio State fans definitely aren’t crazy.
• Rivals previews Iowa. Y’heard it hear first: this is QB James Van Der Beek‘s time.
• South Carolina WR Bryce Sherman takes to the Twitter to announce that he’s GONE. Well, he’s staying, but gone from the team. Something like that.
• Oklahoma State will unveil new uniforms in a couple weeks that will include any number of combinations. Where have I heard this story before?
• South Carolina has new uniforms. I think.
Today’s Video of the Day is Deadspin editor AJ Daulerio trying to replicate Dock Ellis’s acid-fueled no hitter. It’s a bit NSFW.
Enjoy your Wednesday. The store!
***Follow me on Twitter.***