Today’s Chorus is brought to you by Mizzou’s Jon Hamm, who got richer this week. Don’t let the money cramp your saxy style, Jon. Don’t do it.
• Former UNC coach John Blake has a reputation, and part of that reputation includes biology charisma.
• Former USC WR Lonnie White (early-mid 80’s) received payments while playing for the Trojans. It all sounds about right until you hear who paid him … NCAA PRESIDENT MARK EMMERT!!!! <— I made that up.
• Florida needs warm bodies. If they don’t get them, EDSBS’s Spencer Hall may be forced to shoot video trying out for the team. He might die. Let’s save Spencer.
• New Michigan coach Brady Hoke is poking the bear. Ahem, bear cub.
• ESPN’s Heater Dinich (new name!) ranks ACC WR corps.
• ESPN’s Brian Bennett has a brief profile of new starting Iowa RB Marcus Coker.
• ESPN’s Ted Miller speculates on the Pac-12’s impact freshmen. Oregon State apparently has an incoming DE named Rusty Fernando. That is all.
• Notre Dame players have new gloves that test the limits of multi-headed mascots.
• SI.com’s Stewart Mandel had the gall to take a honeymoon when so much was going on in college football. He catches up here.
• Auburn‘s getting early points from Vegas in pretty much all of their 2011 games.
• Iowa St RB DeVondrick Nealy was cited for shootin’ stuff on campus with a BB gun. Way to go.
Today’s Video of the Day is your 90s childhood quickly flashed before your eyes. It’s more traumatic than you think.
Enjoy your Thursday. Buy Verbal!
***Follow me on Twitter.***