Today’s Chorus is brought to you by Max Weinberg, Seton Hall alum and Springsteen skin man. Did that sound weird? I’m hoping so.
• South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier proposed paying conference players $300/game out of each coach’s pocket. Related: Steve Spurrier isn’t taking SEC spring meetings very seriously.
• ESPN’s Adam Rittenberg summarizes the latest in the Terrelle Pryor car(s) investigation. Apparently, his parents took care of everything. Case closed. Yep.
• Yahoo!!!!!!!’s Dan Wetzel guesses that Ohio State leaked information about the ongoing Terrelle Pryor investigation to get media attention off of them. Wily.
• West Virginia says there are “blatant inaccuracies” with the latest reports re: OC Dana Holgorsen and AD Oliver Luck’s job security. Not “every item was completely invented,” mind you, but “inaccuracies.” Ok then.
• Oversigning was wildly approved by SEC coaches 12-0. Heartwarming.
• UConn WR Mike Smith will not play this fall, due to a nasty case of bad grades. To be fair, “leading WR” and “UConn” in the same sentence is more confusing than anything.
• ESPN’s Edward Aschoff speaks with Kentucky coach Joker Phillips about oversigning. Joker appears to be fine with it.
• Missouri coach Gary Pinkel has no interest in the Ohio State job. Today.
• Wisconsin coach Bret Bielema is all up in Wisconsin compliance. Way up in.
• CFB magazine titan Phil Steele has four pre-season All-American teams. Two separate (Oregon CB & PR) Cliff Harrises make the first team. Take that, anti-cloning lobbyists.
• Oregon players have been participating in early morning underwater military workouts. I’m betting nobody yelled out, “Hey guys, check out my rad handstand!” in the middle of the workout. Shame.
• Football Study Hall is finally done with their previews. PSYCH. North Carolina State.
• Rivals’ Tom Dienhart lists his hottest assistants of 2011. He also thinks some of them have a lot of momentum as skilled coaches.
Today’s Video of the Day highlights some more NCAA 12 features, this time custom playbooking. It just might be an indoor summer.
Enjoy your Thursday.
***Follow me on Twitter.***