Today’s Chorus is brought to you by former Ohio State coach Jim Tressel. In the back of my mind, you’re getting the 24-style silent clock countdown treatment. Good night, sweet prince (of alleged corruption).
• Ohio State coach Jim Tressel has officially coached his last game for the Buckeyes after resigning amid pressure from those around him at the university. Interim head coach Luke Fickell keeps the tag, but now with more games tacked on.
• Ohio State QB Terrelle Pryor is the subject of an investigation by both Ohio State and the NCAA regarding his ever-expanding car collection and other illegal benefits allegedly received.
• SI’s George Dohrmann conducted an investigation into the scope of the benefits that Ohio State players had come to receive during the Tressel era.
• Ohio State blog Eleven Warriors thoroughly analyzes the above investigation in the expected partisan manner they should have.
• Oh and ESPN analyst Urban Meyer will not pursue any filled jobs for this fall. Good for him.
• Current and former Buckeyes react to the news. Former Buckeye WR Ray Small was particularly poignant.
• ESPN’s Bruce Feldman throws out some replacement ideas.
• Finally, some reactions — Yahoo!!!!!”s Dan Wetzel expects snowballing … Fox Sports’s Bruce Hooley talks about Tressel losing his cred … SI.com’s Andy Staples says it’s all his fault … CBS’s Brett McMurphy wonders how OSU AD Gene Smith is surviving.
• West Virginia OC Dana Holgersen has actually been involved in at least six “alcohol-related incidents” in the past six months. And no, he doesn’t seem like a good guy to party with.
• Remember that random elite DL recruit from Florida who announced for New Mexico last year? He’s done with New Mexico.
• South Carolina QB Stephen Garcia was quietly reinstated by Gamecocks coach Steve Spurrier. Shhhhh.
• SEC spring meetings begin today. ESPN’s Chris Low has a preview. It’s like rock and roll but the exact opposite.
Today’s Video of the Day is straightforward and to the point — May Failures (I refuse to use the word “fail” as a noun).
Enjoy your Tuesday.
***Follow me on Twitter.***