Today’s Chorus is brought to you by UC Santa Cruz alum and star of the weekend’s #2 movie, Bridesmaids. This marks the first time that a Banana Slug starred in any weekend’s #2 movie. Ok, I’m just guessing here.
• Ohio State and coach Jim Tressel have hired a law firm made up of ex-NCAA officials to fight the coach’s current and coming sanctions. No terrible college football deed goes un-defended by high-priced attorneys finding loopholes for cheaters.
• Cal‘s new starting QB is Buffalo transfer Zach Maynard. The semi-new look offense is going to specifically incorporate more read-option looks by a guy who threw more INTs than TDs during his last season on the field (in the MAC). Tricky.
• Mark Richt: Oversigning is pretty “awful.” Rest of SEC: Kthxbye.
• Oregon State DT Castro Masaniai has been suspended indefinitely from the Beavers after being arrested for second-degree kidnapping, coercion, disorderly conduct, harassment and criminal mischief. And it all happened in a McDonald’s. If EDSBS doesn’t give him some sort of honorary ribbon or something, the Fulmer Cup is all for naught.
• ESPN’s Adam Rittenberg has a primer on the … BIG TEN SPRING MEETINGS!!!!
• Ohio State’s 2010 Gold Pants are in limbo. Dun dun DUNNN!!
• USC coach Lane Kiffin and his QB Matt Barkley share a mutual respect. They also share a mutual fear of winning 10 games.
• Bill Connelly continues his numerical devilry as he examines Kansas State success rates and such.
• Ohio State reassigned its football PR maven. Because really, this is all her fault.
• The Sports Business Journal breaks down the motivations for rivals like ESPN and Fox to come together for the sake of Pac-12 media rights. As you’d probably expect, those motivations are mostly rooted in evil.
• Rivals lists their favorite good players on bad or so-so teams. Harsh.
Today’s Video of the Day is the new New Era commercial with Alec Baldwin and John Krasinski. As soon as I have a little bit of money, I may do this all the time.
Enjoy your Monday.
***Follow me on Twitter.***