Today’s Chorus is brought to you by Steve Zissou. I just saw The Life Aquatic again and it’s better than I rememberd, so I figured I’d honor it the only way I know how. I’d be perfectly fine with any school using Team Zissou as an alternative uniform template. Perfectly fine.
• ESPN’s Chris Spielman would be surprised if Ohio State coach Jim Tressel was back at all this fall. I tend to believe people like Chris Spielman.
• CBS’s Tony Barnhart has ten questions about the ACC. Apparently, Virginia and Wake Forest are the neglected stepchildren here.
• Florida RB Mike Blakely is transferring just a few months after arriving in Gainesville. SEC speed applies.
• Free agent QB Russell Wilson has “shown interest” in Wisconsin. Intriguing.
• Suspended Ohio State LB Dorian Bell, who was rumored to be transferring to Pitt, apparently will not be. Maybe. I think.
• Gus Johnson will be the voice of Pac-12 football for Fox. UNCONTROLLABLE EXCITEMENT!!!
• Now-former Missouri QB Tyler Gabbert has been in contact with several schools, including Arizona, Iowa, and Louisville. Exciting times indeed for backup QB enthusiasts.
• SB Nation’s Spencer Hall learned nothing and everything from spring football all at the same time.
• SI.com’s Ben Glicksman profiles new Pitt coach Todd Graham, who has switched the defense to what he’s calling a Nitro 3-4, which sounds a little too similar to a backstage orgy in the American Gladiators dressing room.
• Rivals previews Tennessee and speaks to coach Derek Dooley. Calling it right now — Tennessee finishes a top 5 SEC East team. BALLS!
Today’s Video of the Day is 8 year old banjo destruction.
Enjoy your Wednesday.
Follow me on Twitter.