Today’s Chorus is brought to you by high school graduate and folk legend James Taylor. He’s had countless hits, a career that’s spanned decades, and most importantly, he kind of looks like Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott. At times this week, I’ve secretly wanted Larry Scott to break down into an acoustic “Sweet Baby James” during conference media announcements, but perhaps I’ve said too much.
• All of the particulars of the Pac-12’s new media deal have now been released. ESPN and Fox will pay a combined $250 million/year for the right to broadcast football and basketball games, with a yet-to-be-determined Pac-12 proprietary network (TV and digital) showing everything else. Everybody appears excited, but I’ll hold off until I see a schedule and Fox Sports production value, thanks.
• Boise State self-imposed sanctions over violations that would make your head tilt slightly askew. The sanctions include three fewer football practices and three fewer scholarships. They really hit themselves where it slightly pricks for a second or two.
• Former NC St QB Russell Wilson is a free agent. Where should he go? I think we all know the answer — Lehigh. Next question.
• Who’s going to throw for 3k yards in the B1G Ten? Pretty much everyone other than Taylor Martinez, that’s who.
• ESPN’s Mark Schlabach has a post-spring Top 25. Florida State is #3 so you KNOW he knows what he’s doing. Or something.
• Washington State QB Jeff Tuel is out for blood. I like Jeff Tuel.
• Fox Sports Southwest runs down the new Big Twen coordinators. And as always, because it’s Fox, there are pictures of girls.
Today’s Video of the Day is Uma Thurman + ginger ale. And it’s really odd.
Enjoy your Wednesday.
Follow me on Twitter.