Today’s Chorus is brought to you by Kristen Wiig, who stars in “Bridesmaids,” her comedy debut. After so many years on SNL, it’s clear she was ready for a change in genre.
• The Wall Street Journal breaks down the success of first round NFL Draft picks. It all makes so much sense.
• The NCAA announced that no new bowls will be formed for at least three years. We can now officially mourn the possibility of Allentown’s proposed Hot Dog King Bowl.
• A huge, horrible tornado hit Tuscaloosa and barely missed Alabama’s Bryant-Denny Stadium. Here’s how you can help out.
• ESPN’s Adam Rittenberg looks at B1G Ten draft bargains. The list rightfully includes the conference’s most efficient 2010 QB and most consistent WR. And, for what it’s worth, Minnesota QB Adam Weber.
• When it comes to the “postseason,” the newly-independent BYU will be treated like Army and Navy, not like Notre Dame. This means an agreement with ………. The Armed Forces Bowl!!!!
• Kentucky has inexperience playing behind an experienced offensive line. Things should improve now that the offense doesn’t have to face Toby “T-Bone” Griffin in practice every day. And yes, I am catching up on Justified, why?
• Stop what you’re doing — Kansas State coach Bill Snyder has officially made it public knowledge that Bryce Brown is talented.
• Florida CB Janoris Jenkins and Florida coach Will Muschamp have agreed to mutually part ways. Only it wasn’t mutual at all.
• In hopes of keeping their BCS status, the Fiesta Bowl has pitched the BCS on the ways they will reform their business plan. I assume this means fewer strippers, but nothing’s finalized yet.
• Nicki Meyer’s dad isn’t going to Ohio State, you guys. Srsly.
• Presumed starting Illinois RB Jason Ford was arrested on an outstanding warrant. I imagine this means the warrant was both previously existed and was one of the more perfect warrants issued by the local police department.
• Addicted to Quack makes some predictions for the Ducks’ Saturday spring game (ESPN2 4 PM ET). Pay no attention to the radio and podcast host sitting 14 inches from his TV.
• SI.com’s Don Banks issues his final Mock Draft. Adam Weber is nowhere to be found. SI also ranks their Top 50 Overall Prospects. It’s still unclear whether any part of that last sentence needed to be capitalized.
• Texas Tech coach Tommy Tuberville is (was?) a birther. Do with this information what you will.
• Take a page from Auburn OC Gus Malzahn‘s playbook. Seriously, here’s a page.
Today’s Video of the Day is Chuck Norris, Chuck Norris, Chuck Norris.
Enjoy your Thursday.
Follow me on Twitter.