Today’s Chorus is brought to you by the excellent Aisha Tyler, Dartmouth graduate and Archer (season finale tonight) voicestress.
• UMass is joining the MAC. Forget everything you know.
• CBS’s Tony Barnhart eulogizes the great career of legendary UNC broadcaster Woody Durham. No snark here — very little in sports is ever cooler than a old, trusted play by play guy.
• Harvey Updyke, the Alabama fan who poisoned the trees at Auburn‘s Toomer’s Corner, was attacked at a gas station after a court hearing. S-E-C! S-E-C!
• Virginia Tech is playing around with defensive line depth. DT Antoine Hopkins appears to be a name to remember, though unfortunately, it’ll probably get used with the word “lunch pail” and “blue collar.”
• The attorney general from the state of Utah is suing the BCS over the organization’s alleged status as an “illegal monopoly.” This will only end in almost nobody caring.
• Minnesota is all about tempo. Low and slow it is not.
• Northwestern and Stanford have agreed to a series of games. Most people are looking at this from a perspective of two esteemed academic institutions meeting, which is good enough for me.
• Michigan State‘s next step? Staying good every year, at least until being throttled by an SEC team on New Years.
• Speaking of which. Fox Sports Detroit profiles OL Arthur Ray, who, if there’s any justice in the world, should be flattening people come September.
• Oh and now you’re going to tell me cocaine trafficking should be off-limits for Duke linebackers?
• Touted high school QB Zeke Pike committed to Auburn. Zeke!
• Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen is doing a swell job in Starkville. This is all going to be quite uncomfortable when he leaves in the next two years.
• Nebraska QB Taylor Martinez has separated himself from the pack, at least for now. Sort of.
Today’s Video of the Day is the trailer for “Terri” which looks good and makes me want to wear pajamas. Well, more.
Enjoy your Thursday.
Follow me on AdultFriendFinder.