Today’s Chorus is brought to you by Danny Pudi, whose Abed “character” admirably (and scientifically) calculated who was indeed the boss on “Who’s the Boss on last night’s Community. Play on, player. Play on.
• The Pac-12 is having discussions with Fox, ESPN, NBC/Comcast, and Turner, with a figure of $2.3 buh-buh-billion dollars being thrown around for a ten year commitment. I’ll say it again, I’ll quit The Solid Verbal RIGHT NOW. No questions asked. If need be, I can even arrange the kidnapping of Ty. I can do it. Let’s do this thing.
• CBS’s Dennis Dodd speaks with Penn State assistant Jay Paterno about the terrors 7-on-7 tournaments and its effect on recruiting. Of course there’s always possibility that the passing schemes at these camps overwhelm the Nittany Lion playbook.
• USC‘s got a whole lotta offensive line woes goin’ on.
• New Minnesota coach Jerry Kill is ruthless when comes to efficiency. The latest victim? The Killstache. RIP.
• ESPN’s Edward Aschoff previews tomorrow’s Ole Miss spring game.
• Aschoff does the same with Georgia, but with more allusions to moving violations.
• Tomorrow is a big Big East spring game day. Damn and it falls on the same calendar square as Dan Rubenstein Violent Nap Day.
• Wisconsin RB Zach Brown is an angry man, but in a good way. Like a dairy-fed Charles Bronson.
• ESPN’s Brian Bennett interviews new Pitt coach Todd Graham. If you listen to yesterday’s show, you’ll be horrified at the statistics cited here.
• Five-star class of 2011 DT Delvon Simmons officially signed with Texas Tech after skipping out on North Carolina. He had long expressed a desire to play in a city a bit more nowheresy.
• As good as Alabama appears to look this fall, QB is still very much a question. As is, “How do we make this Brent Calloway story go away?”
• Fox Sports Ohio handicaps the Ohio State interim QB race. Jim Tressel appears to be covering up where he’s leaning.
• Vanderbilt OL coach Herb Hand CAN TAKE A HIT.
• SI.com’s Andy Staples says Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe is on the right path financially with the Big Twenelve.
• Texas A&M recruiting letters have, well, flair.
• EDSBS is raising money for an outstanding organization. If the mood strikes, stop by and help out.
Today’s Video of the Day is one of the better examples of everyone having an ability to do something outstanding. This girl sounds like animals. Her collection of birds is a revelation.
Enjoy your Friday.
Follow me on Twitter.