• Former Auburn OL Chaz Ramsey, who was interviewed on the HBO special about money and NCAA athletes, will speak to the NCAA about his allegations of under-the-table payments and ticket sales.
• The Big 12 has a new TV deal with Fox Sports worth a little over a billion (with a “b”) dollars to show all Big 12 sporting evens, including every football game that ESPN/ABC or school-operated channels won’t. To clarify, this even includes any Kansas/Iowa State matchups.
ESPN’s David Ubben reacts.
• Arizona State and Washington State have new uniforms. I’m grading Wazzu a bit higher on this one. Gray gets the nod.
• ESPN’s David Ubben visits Stillwater to get the straight poop on Oklahoma State. Pyongyang awaits your thoughts, sir.
• Northwestern and Notre Dame are going to play each other. They’ll fight over the Mandel-Hildenbrandt Cup.
• Kentucky QB Morgan Newton is once again starting. Let’s hope that sentence isn’t vacated.
• ESPN’s Adam Rittenberg files notes from Ann Arbor. Like most of us, he’s captivated by QB Denard Robinson‘s effortless smile.
• How are things at QB in Berkeley? Good? Average? Uncomfortable? I have no idea.
• Want to know what USC QB Matt Barkley sees (other than possible rooftop shenanigans)? Fox Sports West straps on. A camera.
• SI.com’s Andy Staples profiles Keyshawn Johnson’s 7-on-7 team and training program, which definitely isn’t AAU football. Definitely not.
• You know that new Purdue Pete brought in to be less scary to the kiddies? Already done in West Lafayette.
• A former BYU professor explores Cougar athletes (mainly football players) and honor code violations.
• Rivals profiles Florida State QB EJ Manuel because it’s April and that’s what you do in April.
• Penn State QB Robert Bolden‘s mom has no idea where her son will be going to school this fall. Perhaps a phone call is in order.
• EDSBS has an updated Howard Schnellenberger Top 25. Suspenders are just CRUISING.
Today’s Video of the Day is the trailer for Rise of The Planet of the Apes. Damn you James Franco!!
Enjoy your Thursday.
Follow me on Twitter.