Today’s Chorus is brought to you by former State University of New York Maritime College student Geraldo Rivera. I don’t know how a place can be a university and a college, but it does make sense that crazy ol’ Geraldo went there.
• Due to state budgetary restrictions, Nevada is close to losing Division I status. It’s wrong to blame the Boise State kicker right? Right?
• South Carolina QB Stephen Garcia is now officially suspended indefinitely for misbehaving at a “SEC-mandated event.” The rumor is he showed up drunk. Hm, that’ll do it.
• ESPN’s David Ubben reviews Big 12 coaching moves. It’s mostly filler until you realize how fun it is to say “Chad Glasgow” in a funny Scottish accent. It’s comedy, people.
• ESPN’s Adam Rittenberg profiles Purdue QB Rob Henry with words and moving pictures. Internet tycoon!
• Clemson has a new offense, and if I’m to judge based solely on this one picture of new QB Tajh Boyd, it either involves extra padding or extra pudding.
• Run with USC WR Robert Woods. He has a camera strapped to him, so really you have no choice.
• Watch Alabama coach Nick Saban‘s statue being built. It’s actually pretty cool — a lot of back sweat went into this.
• 247Sports ranks the top 247 prospects of the 2012 recruiting class. I’d tell you more, but The Solid Verbal is yet to receive a media account for this wonderful site. Ahem. <— Shameless
• Oregon coach Chip Kelly and Urban Meyer talk spread offense tactics. It’s a nerdy delight.
• Notre Dame LB Manti Te’o probably won’t play in the Irish spring game. It’s just a precautionary measure to give his knee more recovery time and … HEY TY GET DOWN FROM THERE HE’S GOING TO BE FINE.
Today’s Video of the Day is Stephen Colbert learning to high tea. Yes, that’s a verb.
Enjoy your Thursday.
Follow me on Twitter.