Today’s Chorus is brought to you by the now-late superperson Elizabeth Taylor. I don’t know if she went to college, but if she did I’ll just assume she’s a proud Richmond Spider.
• The 2011 SEC football schedule is out and you can peruse in list or grid form. Don’t even pretend like you’re not excited for a Week 1 super-lineup that includes Kent State, Missouri State, Utah State, Florida Atlantic, Montana, and Elon.
• Miami LB Ramon Ruchanan was arrested on felony counts of “resisting arrest and battery.” It’s like people don’t realize how funny head-butting and spitting at police is anymore. Those were the dayyyyyyyyysssss.
• ESPN’s Heather Dinich looks at the best five ACC running backs. She leaves off Wake Forest’s Josh Harris, which, after yesterday’s ACC show, I now take as a personal affront.
• Missouri QB Tyler Gabbert is now the school’s co-number one starter, whatever that means.
• Arizona hasn’t won since October. ESPN’s Ted Miller says the Cats aren’t hung up on it. Too bad, because I am. That’s terrible.
• Things are changing for Notre Dame in South Bend. Like fewer game-breaking wide receivers at practice.
• ESPN’s Adam Rittenberg looks at the crop of B1G Ten defensive tackles. Not included? ESPN’s Adam Rittenberg.
• Fox Sports Detroit has an early report on Michigan spring practice. CliffsNotes: Not a lot of able-bodied fullbacks in Ann Arbor, MI.
• Iowa blog Black Heart Gold Pants has details of the NCAA”s investigation into the team rhabdomyolysis outbreak. Heads will be rolling in 3…2….
• Oklahoma blog Crimson and Cream Machine has 10,000 words on the race to be the next starting running back in Norman. Ok I exaggerated — starting holder.
• Maryland and Under Armor want to become the Oregon of the Cheseapeake region. Mmhmm.
• USC football players wake up early. Waahhhh.
• Speaking of which, starting USC RB Marc Tyler hurt himself for the 27th time. That’s free punchcard sandwiches galore.
• Learn more about Virginia Tech‘s spring position battles. Or don’t. Whatever.
Today’s Video of the Day is the trailer for Larry Crowne. Hey Tom Hanks is funny again!
Enjoy your Wednesday.
Follow me on Twitter.