Today’s Chorus is brought to you, once again, by Natalie Portman. I’m told she’ll pregnantly win an Oscar on Sunday. I can’t imagine that there’s any other reason to watch in earnest.
• SI.com’s Stewart Mandel fires a shot across the bow at Tennessee AD Mike Hamilton, the man responsible for hiring coaches accusing of violating NCAA rules in both of the school’s major revenue sports.
• If Stanford QB Andrew Luck gets dinged up this fall, he’s still getting PAID.
• Atlanta DE prospect Lorenzo Mauldin accepted an offer to play for South Carolina. And then the day before Signing Day, the school told him, “Not so much.” SEC Football!!!!!
• Texas coach Mack Brown closed spring practice to observers. Prediction: QB Garrett Gilbert will somehow still throw it to the wrong color jersey at some point.
• CBS’s Bryan Fischer kicked it with new Miami coach Al Golden. God, my descriptions are so hip.
• USC hired a new WR coach. His name is Ted Gilmore and here to say … he hopes QB Matt Barkley stops staring down his new receivers so much.
• New Texas OC Bryan Harsin had an offer for more years and more money from Les Miles to perform the same job at LSU. Unfortunately, it required coaching at LSU.
• ASU QB Steven Threet is stepping away from football due to suffering multiple concussions. Smart dude.
• California Golden Blogs created a formula called QB Score as a new way of measuring passing efficiency, which concentrates on generating yards against not generating turnovers. I don’t fully understand it, but Cal QB Brock Mansion is well into the negatives, so it feels right.
• SI.com’s Andy Staples reveals his all two-star team. I assume a jar of BBQ sauce or a rib bib gets shipped to each member in their goody bag.
• ESPN’s Andrea Adelson previews the springs for some notable non-AQ teams.
• ESPN’s Brian Bennett does the same for Notre Dame.
• Yahoo!!!!!!’s Dr. Saturday profiles Baylor’s “Mr Indispensible,” QB Robert Griffin.
• Wonderful Terrific Monds II is officially a Buffalo Bull. Awesome?
• The Wiz has the complete list of NFL Combine odds. Of course he does.
Today’s Video of the Day is an exploration into the habitat of the Wyoming offensive lineman.
Enjoy your Friday.