Today’s Chorus is brought to you by Miami resident Anna Kournikova, who I assume will never be the same now that Tate Forcier is headed to her adopted hometown.
• Tate Forcier decided to take his talents to South Beach after he claims Michigan AD Dave Brandon wouldn’t meet with him (though Brandon tried to reschedule). Now Forcier needs to find a new head towel.
• Oklahoma State hired Jacksonville Jaguars QB coach Todd Monken to be their new OC, the job vacated by new West Virginia OC/HC-in-Waiting Dana Holgersen. So if you’ve been enjoying the David Gerrard magic in Jacksonville, things are only getting … similar in Stillwater.
• Utah OC Norm Chow will make less money in Salt Lake City than he did at UCLA. I think he’ll be ok.
• ESPN lists their top 25 recruiters. Not a surprise, but most of the coaches coach for teams who have had at least some success over the years. And Clemson.
SI (24/7 Sports) does something similar.
• ESPN’s Adam Rittenberg speaks with colleague David Ubben about Nebraska moving to the B1G Ten.
• Ivan Maisel is buzzing now that it’s the offseason. It isn’t nearly as titillating as it sounds.
• Wisconsin agreed to a Rose Bowl rematch against TCU in its home opener. TCU said, “Not so much.”
• A few Virginia players look to be a fightin’ bunch.
• SI.com’s Stewart Mandel has a post-signing day podcast. He totally stole Andy Staples from us, a guy he never would’ve known if it weren’t for The Solid Verbal. Pshhh.
• Backup Notre Dame QB Nate Montana appears to be considering Montana (birthrite!!!) as a potential transfer destination. So says The Missoulian, my current favorite Montana-based newspaper.
• Rivals has a list of 250 high school juniors who could, quite possibly, be very good.
• Rivals also has a preview of Conference USA’s spring. FINALLY.
(Other conferences are also apparently available)
• ASU QB Steven Threet continues to recover from concussions suffered in 2010 and is thus doubtful for spring practice.
Today’s Video of the Day is a kitty jumping around in super slow-mo set to happy music.
Enjoy your Thursday.