Today’s Chorus is brought to you by Salma Hayek, alum of Universidad Iberoamericana, a school once again completely screwed by the BCS.
• The East-West Shrine Game apparently happened. Here are some players that allegedly, even though there’s four years of tape on them, improved their stock playing in a haphazard, second-tier all star game.
• Two freshman Oklahoma starters (WR Kenny Stills, S Tony Jefferson) were arrested for misdemeanor DUI and “interference with the official process” respectively. Oh to be 19 and in Norman, OK.
• UCLA finally bought out OC Norm Chow, who was officially named to the same position by Utah. The Bruins hired former 49ers OC Mike Johnson, who can now tell budding recruits that they can be the next Alex Smith.
• Former Miami coach Randy Shannon interviewed for UCLA’s defensive coordinator position.
• USC finally made its appeal to the NCAA, which will undoubtedly result in something inconsistent with every other decision the NCAA makes.
• Now that that’s out of the way, here’s more nerdery with Michigan coach Brady Hoke working overtime to keep the Wolverines’ recruiting class together.
• Rutgers QB Tom Savage is transferring, but coach Greg Schiano won’t let his backup QB haunt him at a school that doesn’t play Rutgers ever. Sucka!
• Cal OC Andy Ludwig will take the same position at San Diego State. In a statement, Ludwig said, “I will call a dive, then a bubble screen, then a regular screen pass.”
Today’s Video of the Day is yesterday’s Fat Guy TD. If I ever don’t post a Fat Guy TD, know that SolidVerbal.com has been compromised.
Enjoy your Monday.