Today’s Chorus is brought to you by NBC News’s Chris Hansen, a proud Michigan State graduate who takes down pedophiles. I assume he was too busy trapping horrible people to watch the Capitol One Bowl. Speaking of pedophiles…
• Charlie Weis is Florida’s new offensive coordinator. Brace yourself for eight solid months of people overanalyzing that sentence.
Oh and Seattle Seahawks DL coach Dan Quinn takes over the other side of the ball as Florida‘s defensive coordinator.
• UConn coach Randy Edsall is now Maryland coach Randy Edsall. It’s not a “splash hire” nearly as much as it is a leaf gently swaying in the wind before it delicately slides into place atop a silent pond.
• The team favored to win the Rose Bowl … won the Rose Bowl.
• Alabama got healthy and promptly beat up on Michigan State. Circle of life.
• New Pitt coach Mike Haywood is now former Pitt coach Mike Haywood (undefeated!) after he was charged with domestic violence.
• Clemson coach Dabo Swinney has fired two offensive coaches after noticing that his team was sans football-moving abilities.
• Ohio St QB Terrelle Pryor has made an enemy in ESPN’s Kirk Herbstreit. And that would be after Pryor received three moving violations in three shady loaner car deals. And a shady tattoo investigation. And breaking NCAA rules for selling jerseys and awards. Well played.
• Penn State QB Robert Bolden is joining Penn State QB Kevin Newsome on the transfer train. Prospects take note — it’s a good idea to actually take into account what type of offense is run at your school of choice.
• UConn RB Jordan Todman, the nation’s second leading rusher, declared for the NFL Draft. Sounds about right.
• UCF got a little punchy before during the on-field Liberty Bowl celebration.
• ESPN’s CFB bloggers have Orange Bowl previews, keys, and more!. Huzzah!
• SB Nation’s Spencer Hall channels his inner Jim Delaney in reviewing the Big 10‘s Saturday performance. It’s not pretty.
And then the real Jim Delaney channeled his inner Jim Delaney.
• SI.com’s Andy Staples says Michigan‘s Gator Bowl performance against Mississippi State should spell the end of days for Rich Rodriguez.
• The Wiz has front pages from newspapers from around the country. I checked, he didn’t get any Beetle Bailey screencaps. Bah.
• BCS TV ratings are either amazing or horrible.
Today’s Video of the Day is polar bears playing with spy cameras. Obviously.
Enjoy your Monday + Orange Bowl!