Today’s Chorus is brought to you by the late Leslie Nielsen, who was simply funnier than almost everyone else.
• The best players in the country won awards last night. I’ve got to admit, in the picture, Auburn DT Nick Fairley looks casual and charming, I may be in the process of getting won over by him after all.
Editor’s Note: Nick Fairley sensed Dan typing his name and appeared out of nowhere, drove Dan into a wall, and ruptured six disks in Dan’s back.
• CBS Sports’s Dennis Dodd profiles Oregon RB LaMichael James in the wake of the Ducks’ star winning the Doak Walker Award and attending Saturday’s Heisman ceremony as a finalist.
• Last night, Gameday’s Lee Corso was honored by ESPN at their College Football Awards. Long, but a well-done piece for one of the more likable fellows in college football.
• Auburn OC Gus Malzahn is thinking over Vanderbilt’s reported $3 million offer to become the Commodores‘ new head coach. And if Malzahn declines, it’s going to James Franklin, Maryland’s OC. And if Franklin decides against it, they’re going with an adjunct sociology professor who needs the hours.
• Kentucky QB Mike Hartline was arrested for public intoxication, disorderly conduct, and an allegation of assault. But the bowls, Mike, WHY WON’T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE BOWLSSSSSSS!?!?
• Newly former Pitt coach Dave Wannstedt will coach the Panthers in the BBVA Compass Bowl, but like the rest of us, he’s just not sure what a BBVA Compass Bowl is.
• Big Ten commissioner Jim Delaney tells teams from non-AQ conferences, “You will eat your vegetables, and you will like them, damnit!!”
• SB Nation’s Spencer Hall breaks down yesterday’s USA Today op-ed column from BCS Dear Leader Bill Hancock.
• Should Texas coach Mack Brown hire Mike Leach to run Texas’s offense? Richard Justice of the Houston Chronicle seems to think so, and if there’s anything I’ve learned while writing for literally dozens of people, it’s that you always listen to somebody who’s last name is JUSTICE.
Today’s Video of the Day is a new movie in which Hugh Jackman apparently trains and promotes robots fighting each other in a steel cage. I … just … wow.
Enjoy your Friday.