Today’s Chorus is brought to you by former Georgia State student Julia Roberts. Alabama may have the money, championships, tradition, and name recognition, but they don’t have the star of “Eat Pray Love.” Take that, Tide. Take that.
• Alabama mercilessly tickled first-year team Georgia State last night. Good for you, Alabama, finally standing up for the big guy.
• Due to safety issues, only one end zone will be used during Saturday’s Northwestern/Illinois tilt. This only adds to the rumors of an all-time QB and six-Mississippi count being instituted for the game. Here are similar jokes.
• Hawaii is probably becoming a Mountain West football school and joining something called the Big West in other sports. This appears to be the final nail in WAC Commissioner Karl Benson‘s “2010 Sportsman of the Year” coffin.
• USC RB Dillon Baxter was hospitalized for an “unspecified illness and dehydration.” We hope he has a speedy recovery from whatever it is that’s NEVER dehydration.
• Maryland coach Ralph Friedgen will be back next season coaching the Terps. I’ll file this under “Interesting CFB Story that isn’t Cam Newton/BCS,” as that’s where everyone else seems to be filing things.
• Boise State play Georgia at the Georgia Dome to open the 2011 season. Since it seems so far away, the only real effect this has is to remind me that there’s no Chick fil-A nearby. Thanks a lot, guys.
• ESPN’s CFB bloggers select their conference’s best rivalry of the decade. Not a surprise to be found here.
• The Oregonian’s Ken Goe says Mike Bellotti can do a lot better than Colorado. Snap.
• SI.com’s Stewart Mandel examines the coaches and ex-coaches that will be looked at for new jobs this offseason. Texas OC Greg Davis looks like the frontrunner for Calabasas High School‘s expected coordinator vacancy. Well, if he interviews well.
• SI’s JoePo likes JoePa. I’ve been waiting for so long to write that.
• Oklahoma has approximately 17 scholarship kickers and they don’t really like any of them. Oops.
Today’s Video of the Day is a compilation of people introducing themselves. It’s better than my introduction implies.
Enjoy your Friday + College Football Saturday.