Today’s Chorus is brought to you by Hollywood super-producer Joel Silver. Not only did he attend THE Lafayette College, but he also invented ultimate frisbee, which, as a sport, met it’s apex when this happened. Thank you and you’re welcome. Down with Colgate!! (the school, not the toothpaste)
• Auburn QB Cam Newton or somebody Cam Newton is allegedly associated with is being investigated by the NCAA for the alleged acceptance of money on the QB’s behalf, in exchange for Newton’s football services. Mississippi State appear to be the whistle-blowers. <– Please don’t sue The Solid Verbal.
SI.com’s Stewart Mandel and Yahoo!!!!!!’s Dan Wetzel offers their initial reactions. Mandel also has a mailbag and Andy Dalton on his podcast. Only listen after you’ve downloaded The Solid Verbal at least six times.
That’s all I’m going to link to about Newton today, but if you have any further questions, SI.com has conveniently set up an easy system.
• The weekly check-in from Fake Lou Holtz. I’m still not tired of this.
• ESPN’s David Ubben titled a profile, “A Tale of Two Helus.” Of course I’m going to link to it.
• The Wiz has game predictions from a variety of national writers.
• Miami QB Jacory Harris will be out at least a couple more weeks post-concussion.
• Oregon RB Kenjon Barner, who suffered a concussion against Washington State a few weeks ago, was “full-go” in practice this week. Because the Ducks need all the help they can get tomorrow with Washingt… woops.
Today’s Video of the Day is the worst opening to a newscast ever. I don’t even know if this is funny as much as it is horrifying and uncomfortable. Ok, it’s funny.
Enjoy your Friday + College Football Saturday.