Today’s Chorus is brought to you by Texas alumnus Owen Wilson. I’m not sure if he’s funny when he’s not with Wes Anderson or (occasionally) Ben Stiller, but he sure is … a Texas alumnus. And not as happy as most Iowa State graduates today.
• The latest rankings are out. Oregon has somehow insulted the computers and I can’t help but feel that, at some point, Chip Kelly told off a customer service rep at HP and things have since snowballed out of control.
• Did you know that the Pacific Life Holiday Bowl is now the Bridgepoint Education Holiday Bowl? Thanks to some nifty new bowl projections, you do now!!
• Louisville is 4-3 after dismantling UConn. Turning around disaster programs in a year or two can be done. Ok, being in the Big East helps.
• SB Nation’s Andy Hutchins and Yahoo!!!!!!!!’s Dr. Saturday take a long, hard look at some of Saturday’s (and Thursday’s) box scores. I enjoyed the DII Indianapolis – Northern Michigan analysis. Really.
SI.com’s Stewart Mandel tries to figure out who will be left standing and colleague Andy Staples talks about eating pizza in Columbia, MO. Ok, a fair amount of college football knowledge bombs are also included.
• Wounded: Two Notre Dame defensemen (whatever, I’m bringing the term to football) are undergoing MRIs, Colorado’s Tyler Hanson is out for the year with a ruptured spleen, and BC DE Alex Albright is also done for 2010, as broken fibulas are total jerks.
• Texas coach Mack Brown likes to use the word “I” when things are good and seems to shy away from it when things aren’t so good.
• The Wiz has the snapshots of the week. It’s mostly a cautionary tale examining how unacceptable the combination of a hat with revealed dude-bangs truly is.
• If Iowa State coach Paul Rhoads stops getting supremely excited over ginormous Cyclone road wins, his soul has been compromised. Here’s Saturday’s Austin glee.
Today’s Video of the Day is a very convincing argument against going to law school. It even applies to those with dude-bangs.
Enjoy your Monday.