Today’s Chorus is brought to you by Marge Simpson, voiced by Julie Kavner, San Diego State alumnus. And if we’ve learned anything from The Simpsons, it’s that biased replay officiating WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.
• North Texas head coach Todd Dodge is out as the coach of the Mean Green. He was a decorated high school coach who made the rare move straight to a FBS head coaching job. This is why it’s rare.
• ESPN’s Ted MIller profiles new Arizona starting QB Matt Scott and then explains that Rick Neuheisel is still trying to figure out his own team, let alone their opponents. This isn’t going to end well.
• SI.com’s Andy Staples has power rankings. Whenever I read this, I listen to Kanye West’s “Power” and pretend that Andy writes these in an effort to get back at his college girlfriend who dumped him at a Harvard bar.
And yes, I enjoyed “The Social Network.”
• The controversy over the replay officials in the now two week old BYU-San Diego State contest is still ongoing. The Mountain West has changed replay official rules and the Aztecs’ radio analyst seems rather displeased with the efforts of Cougar players to be not racist, horrible people.
• Tomorrow night’s contest between Oregon and UCLA will be the national ESPN game and it will be filmed in three dimensions. If you plan on attending the game, Oregon has politely requested that you don your finest lightning yellow evening wear.
• Alabama is getting a giant Australian dude.
• Wisconsin head coach Bret Bielema calls the Badgers’ brand of straight-ahead power football… “American football.” Fact: Anything out of the shotgun is for commies.
• Are you a Nebraska fan? Do you need help dealing with your emotions post-loss? Do you refuse to eat soap? This call center may be for you.
Today’s Video of the Day is for video nerds. Apparently you can securely strap a small HD camera to yourself as you do extreme things. I’m still editing the footage shot on one of these from Verbacon. Wait until you see how it looked from an extreme first person POV what driving I-80 at speeds up to 76 MPH looked like, what zooming around a tailgate at 11 AM drinking Bud Light felt like, and what a stadium reacting to dump drops sounded like. Amazing.
Enjoy your Wednesday.