Today’s Chorus is brought to you by Chris Pine, the star of Star Trek and a graduate of Cal, who takes on a lightning fast Nevada team tonight. Chris Pine’s co-star Zoe Saldana looks much better atop today’s links, so that’s what you get. Youuuuu like it.
• Florida players have been arrested many times since Urban Meyer arrived in Gainesville. I’m not smart enough to tell you why that is and I’m not morally pure enough to tell anyone what to do with their lives, but as long as Florida wins games, this story probably doesn’t matter all that much.
• Kansas coach Turner Gill spoke to his team before their game against Georgia Tech. Apparently restrained is the new loud. (via Dr. Saturday)
• Speaking of which, Texas Tech students want the stadium to fall silent when Texas enters the field tomorrow to “intimidate” the Longhorns. And neither will happen.
• Eastern Washington‘s red field is now in place. My first stab at a nickname: The Artery.
• Nevada hosts Cal tonight in Reno. I like watching Nevada’s offense. In general, I have very little faith in Cal turning things around after a string of disappointing years. Cal is going to slaughter Nevada.
• Florida Atlantic is getting a stadium for $70 million on their Boca Raton campus next season. The locals seem to be particularly excited about the numerous proposed hard candy concessions. Because old people live there.
• SBNation has a College Football Buffet. It’s delicious.
Today’s Video of the Day is Judge Judy at half-speed. Really, that’s everything you need to know.
Enjoy your Friday/CFB Saturday.