Today’s Chorus is brought to you by Kaitlin Olson, former Stewart Mandel mailbag crush, star of the (soon to be returning) It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, and most importantly, Oregon fan. Also, no way she believes the new Masoli information below.
• Reggie Bush is giving back his Heisman in an effort to save face. Everybody wins – Bush moves on with his life of wealth and fame (with no further repercussions) and USC has crippling, crippling sanctions. Oh well.
• Details have emerged regarding Jeremiah Masoli‘s departure from Oregon to Ole Miss. He claims that he had decided to leave before Chip Kelly dismissed him after he happened to get pulled over for a traffic infraction and was discovered to have pot in his car. I know Masoli has a history of bending the truth, but I’m going with my gut this time, and it’s time to trust the lyingest liar of all the liars.
• The WAC is suing Fresno State and Nevada to force them to stay in the conference through the 2011-2012 season. The only way I’ll end up caring about this story as it progresses is if Pat Hill somehow ends up having to testify and wears a bolo tie. Bolo ties are awful.
• If you’re a prominent football player looking to beat the tar out of people (including an off-duty police officer) in a prolonged bar fight (and get away with it), Knoxville looks like the place to be.
• Star Purdue WR Keith Smith is, in fact, out for the season with a torn ACL/MCL.
• Pittsburgh DE Greg Romeus is having back surgery and hopes to be back for the end of the season. See what I did there with the wordplay? Take a look, you’ll get it.
• Miami has banned its players from posting on Twitter. Because it came down to Jacory Harris either spending time posting pictures of himself in overalls or watching tape to learn how to read the Ohio State defense.
Today’s Video of the Day is the best community forum video I’ve seen in quite some time. I’d say more, but somebody may be watching me (slight NSFW language near the end).
Enjoy your Wednesday.