Today’s Chorus is brought to you by Regis Philbin, who apparently attended and graduated from Notre Dame. Who knew?
• If you’re the last person who hasn’t read it, here’s Yahoo!’s Will Lyles/Oregon story.
• CBS’s Bryan Fischer ponders independence and major football programs.
• The body of Purdue RB Sean Matti was found in a Lake in Indiana. Unspeakably tragic.
• Former UNC DE Mike McAdoo is suing UNC and the NCAA for reinstatement. Nancy Grace is outraged.
• Illinois DL Chris Jones was charged with battery. At least he didn’t have cocaine on him like the last time he was arrested, right?
• Alabama QB A.J. McCarron has a sizable sternum tat. Reason for concern?
• SI.com’s Andy Staples brings the noise with his Cheating for Dummies column.
• SB Nation’s Bill Connelly includes Yo La Tengo in his USF preview. Also, Bill Connelly never stops.
• Neither does Rivals’s's’s's’s UCF preview, apparently.
• South Carolina DE Jadeveon Clowney is officially a South Carolina DE. Must’ve been waiting for all of the AP results to come back.
• Auburn needs a QB. Soon.
• The Big East has defensive lines, so ESPN feels compelled to rank them.
• ESPN’s Brian Bennett echoes what we talked about last week — new Wisconsin QB Russell Wilson is good, but the greatness talk needs to be scaled back.
• The B1G has LBs. But you knew that already.
• A giant combine/tournament is going on on the Nike campus in Portland. ESPN has first-day stories.
• Cincinnati QB Chazz Anderson (DOUBLE Z!) has transferred to Buffalo. RIP multiple Chaz(z)es in the Big East.
• Georgia assistant recruiting coordinator Charles Canton got the hell out of Athens. Peculiar?
• SI.com’s Stewart Mandel looks at the B1G challenges ahead for Nebraska.
• Vanderbilt decided to pull a Stanford and recruit smart kids that can also play football.
• Maryland OL Justin Lewis is now persona non grata in College Park, MD.
• Top incoming Texas DT Quincy Russell failed to qualify for the Longhorns.
• Incoming Alabama RB Dee Hart may have torn an ACL. Or maybe not.
• Rivals profiles new Texas Tech DC Chad Glasgow, who promises to be better than the last guy, Chad Edinburgh.
• The Longhorn Network is getting two 2011 Texas games. Hurray!
Today’s Video of the Day is mustachio’d monkeys being fascinated by an iPod touch. Of course.
Enjoy your Wednesday. Buy clothing!
***Follow me on Twitter.***