Today’s Chorus is brought to you by USC alum Joe Francis. Yep, he went to USC. The University of Southern California. In Los Angeles. The Trojans. USC. Fight on.
• Boise State beat up on Louisiana Tech last night, or as SEC fans recall, “Boise State pathetically scraped by Louisiana Tech.”
• Oklahoma State WR Justin Blackmon was arrested on a DUI complaint in Texas while driving home from Monday night’s Dallas Cowboys game, marking the first time Blackmon’s been caught from behind this season.
• Wounded: Wisconsin RT Josh Oglesby is out for the year after undergoing knee surgery, Penn State QB Robert Bolden is not expected to suit up against Michigan after he failed a concussion test, and because of a sore knee, Cincinnati QB Zach Collaros‘s status is still uncertain vs Syracuse.
• A convicted killer chose “Boomer Sooner” as his last words before his execution. While unusual, it was even more rare for the warden to respond with “Statue of Liberty!!”
• USC WR Markeith Ambles has been suspended indefinitely for repeated tardiness.
• Nebraska coach Bo Pelini is looking to shake up the team’s pregame routine. And thus, we bid farewell to Nebraska receivers dipping their hands in construction-grade cement an hour before kickoff.
• The EagleBank Bowl will now be known as The Military Bowl. I apologize for throwing a wrench into what you thought would be a normal Wednesday.
• SI.com‘s Andy Staples issues power rankings. And firmly believes his presence affects the outcome of games. Looks like all the Solid Verbal appearances may finally be going to his head.
• Oregon will probably be wearing silver cleats at USC on Saturday. And for those keeping score, I’ll be the one in the Coliseum crowd secretly and inexplicably gushing over them. I’m weird.
• A Notre Dame student wants the student body to storm the field after the Irish lose to Utah to celebrate the worst senior class in the school’s history. This is even bumming me out. Ok, but not totally.
• Yahoo!!!!!!!!!’s Dan Wetzel is noticing that top high school football players are going to a wider variety of schools. Death to traditional powers! Death to exclamation points.
• Deadspin got ahold of the secret instructions Washington State fans pass around when sending each other the giant Cougar flag that’s waved in every Gameday long shot. NERDS!!
Today’s Video of the Day is people doing awesome things. Because people are awesome. I know because the title says so.
Enjoy your Wednesday.